Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Living in the 'Now'

"What's next? It doesn't interest me. I only know that my instincts work flawlessly. So I breathe in and out and sense what's ahead for me. It's that simple."

- Yohji Yamamoto

I came across this quote by famed Japanese designer, Yohji Yamamoto, and it really caught my attention. I can relate so much to this way of thinking - living in the now and trusting your gut. It sounds so simple, doesn't it?? As always, so much easier said than done.

As you move through life, in all of its mysteriousness, you can't help but wonder: "why am I here?" or "what will I do next?". In a way, constantly questioning yourself keeps you challenged and pushes you through difficult times. And just when you reach satisfaction if your life, it seems something else pops up as soon as you put your feet up.

But Yohji is as wise as he is artistically gifted - he is on to something with this "trust your instincts" type of thinking. By worrying about what's next, you are going to miss what's going on right now. We must give ourselves more credit and trust that our potential will shine through even the toughest of times.

Everything happens for a reason - if you give it one.

No comments:

Post a Comment